I am incredibly proud of the work our education community has accomplished over the past year. North Ridgeville City Schools is fortunate to have such a team of dedicated educational professionals and such a supportive community. Without question, our recent past has been one of success;
· We re-districted our elementary schools to meet growth in enrollment
· Implemented new Common Core Standards
· Implemented Student Learning Objectives
· Started new Early Literacy Programs and monitoring of student progress literacy and math through STAR Assessments
· Created a new Ranger Academy
· Offered an all-day kindergarten program for some students
· Extended drop-off and pick-Up Service
· Finished our wireless project
· Started new Teacher and Principal Evaluation System
· Strengthened collaboration and relationships with the City
· Passed an renewal for operating money and a bond issue for new facilities
This is just a short list of our recent accomplishments, and there are many more. The progress we have made in 12 months is significant. Our district personnel are working hard to keep up with legislated mandates while ensuring students are receiving a quality education and rigorous programming. Our steady, at times remarkable, improvement has been the result of dedicated administrators, talented teachers, intelligent students, involved and caring parents and committed community partners. In short, our focused efforts to continually improve and make North Ridgeville City Schools the best educational opportunity for students has been a true community effort and a showing of shared responsibility.
We are encouraged by the progress we have made so far, but we must also continue to look forward. There are still challenges confronting our district. We are faced with a combination of aging buildings, expanding enrollment, and inadequate space. The new facilities will alleviate much of this in a few years. This is exciting; however we must continue to utilize these spaces until our new facilities are ready. Our finances are better; however our goal is to provide for the best possible educational climate while being fiscally responsible. State mandates, new standards, new assessment and accountability structures, new district and building report cards and starting in a new athletic conference, are all challenges that are on the horizon. As one can see our work here is far from over. We will continue to move forward and work on these issues to ensure the success of every student.
As always, we are interested in hearing from you, parents and community members. I would like to wish you and your family a wonderful new year filled with joy, laughter, love, good health and prosperity.